Wednesday, October 12, 2005

The Alliance of Free Blogs

So you wanna join The Alliance, huh?

You don't even really know why, at first. You just know "everyone else is doin' it" which makes you want to do it too. So you google The Alliance of Free Blogs, see how complicated membership seems, and quickly decide that it is just not for you.

Weeks, perhaps even months pass and you become tempted once again to join The Alliance after constantly hearing phrases like "bags and bags of money", "mucho site hits", and "make lots of new blog friends". You don't really believe any of that crap but after blogging a few weeks, perhaps even months, membership requirements don't seem so daunting. And after all, "everyone else is doin' it". Also, Damian G. of Conservathink (who, apparently according to really hot chicks... rocks!) says, "Just do it!" or something like that.

Yes, I've joined The Alliance. Membership pending but eventual acceptance expected. At first all the requirements made it seem like I was selling my soul to the devil or something equally dramatic but by the end it seemed more like being a circus animal that jumps through hoops, juggles and stuff. I could actually hear that circus tune in my head as I wrapped it all up by emailing BlackFive with a made up Alliance Specialty (which will seem peculiarly familiar to only a few) and befitting photo of myself in order to be listed on The Alliance Team Member Specialties page. Although that last step was purely a suggestion and not a requirement at all, I participated because making stuff up is just so much fun.

Now, all I need to do is just sit back and watch the bags and bags of money, site hits, and shiny new blog buds roll in (riiight).

Not that I'm poor, ya'll are old, and...the opposite of shiny. ;)

No comments: