Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Blogger Excuse 9,007

Yeah, yeah. MIA, again. (Y'all should be used to that by now!) After nearly killing someone with shrimp I decided to sleep a whole lot. All that sleep left me energetic so I decided to lay some shiny new tile. It really seemed such a simple idea at first. I'd use vinyl tiles this time instead of one large (and hard to maneuver) sheet and just do one small room. Rip that carpet up (who fully carpets a bathroom anyhow?) and just slap them onto the floor, easy as 1 2 3. Riiight. First, the carpet was stuck in a couple different areas (which you know requires one to put their entire body into the yank and fall over backward). Then there's all sorts of nails and staples underneath with gobs of the foam lining stuck to them and cats all over the place giving me the "Wtf?!" look. Needless to say, the tiles are still in the box and everything is still upside down. Ah well, that's what I get for trying to do something on a Monday.

Oh hey. There's a new addition to the pet clan that I picked up on the way to Lowes to purchase tile (read: ogle the Lowes guys).

Meet Romeo.



The plants were stuck in there at the last moment as a means for Romeo to dodge the kitten paws which will inevitably be splashing around in attempt to eat him. I've had about five betas so far, (all named Romeo as well). When the uber-teen was much smaller (and ate a whole lot less) I bought a beta for her. She held the mirror up to him so he'd do what betas do but he just looked bored and blew a bubble at her. I said "I'm a lover, not a fighter baby" in my best fish voice so she named him Romeo. That works for me because it gives me a terrific excuse to quote Shakespeare on a regular basis while talking to the fish. Hey, it amuses me.

Although betas are one of the easiest fish to care for, something always seems to happen to ours. My dad fed one too much while I was in the hospital (and blamed it on the uber-daughter, which would have worked had he not started laughing at the look on her face), my grandma fed one nothing at all while I was on vacation, a friend's son fed the last one some cookies right before I moved to NC...you get the point. Hopefully, this Romeo will survive to lead a good full life.

Anyhow, I came across a link directing me to a very informative and interesting site while reading a book review via the Intellectual Conservative during the work break that never ended and thought I'd pass it along.

Teaser:

THE MOTIVATIONS OF POLITICAL LEFTISTS

"Change is just an instrument they use to gain their ultimate goal of power. And why is power sought so single-mindedly? Why the single-minded egotism? At its deepest level, Leftism appears to be psychopathic -- with the psychopathic disregard for all norms, morals, standards and ethics in the ruthless quest for personal praise and satisfaction."

Visit the pages of Australian scholar, Professor John Jay Ray. :)

No comments: