Sunday, August 07, 2005

This Is What Happens When You Skip Sunday School

A country preacher decided to skip services one Sunday and head to the hills to do some bear hunting. As he rounded the corner on a perilous twist in the trail, he and a bear collided, sending him and his rifle tumbling down the mountainside. Before he knew it, his rifle went one way and he went the other, landing on a rock and breaking both legs.

And that was the good news. The bad news was the ferocious bear charging at him from a distance, and he couldn't move.

"Oh, Lord," the preacher prayed, "I'm so sorry for skipping services today to come out here and hunt. Please forgive me and grant me just one wish .. please make a Christian out of that bear that's coming at me. Please, Lord!"

That very instant, the bear skidded to a halt, fell to its knees, clasped its paws together and began to pray aloud right at the preacher's feet. "Dear God, bless this food which I am about to receive..."

Heh. Now stop skipping church!

3 comments:

Dr. Phat Tony said...

He should of prayed the bear was a vegetarian.

Tyler said...

I know a few vegetarians who think no one knows their true habbits.

Uber said...

Aha! See, I knew it. Personally I'm only part vegetarian, I just don't eat the pretty animals, but I too have snuck in a deer steak in my life time. lol

C'mon that's all that was offered and I was hungry!